JOB-BORN Executive Search Inc. (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with Our recruitment processes.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is JOB-BORN Executive Search Inc.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information. Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to Us, as well as your video in case you conduct your interview using the Video Interview feature.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to our website and the resources that you access.
- As a Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment firm, we collect, hold and process your personal data and diversity statistics in order to deliver our recruitment and consultancy services.
Uses Made Of Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our business.
Where you apply for a job opening through the Indeed Apply functionality, we rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data to Indeed on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that We receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings.
- To help our service providers (such as Top Echelon and its processors and data providers) and Partners (such as the job sites through which you may have applied) improve their services.
- To enable us to provide job matching services to you and recruitment and consultancy services to our Clients, who are organizations within the Private, Public and Third sector, we send your resume to our Client (the hiring company). When we send your resume, it may or may not include your personal data. We do not pass your details to any other third parties.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use our website technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic; however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by our staff or independent contractors.
Disclosure of Your Information
As set out above, we pass your information to our third party service providers, including Top Echelon, who use it only in accordance with our instructions and as otherwise required by law.
Where you have applied for a job opening through the Indeed or LinkedIn Apply functionality, and where you have consented to this disclosure, We will disclose to Indeed or LinkedIn certain personal data that We hold, including but not limited to a unique identifier used by Indeed or LinkedIn to identify you, and information about your progress through Our hiring process for the applicable job opening, as well as tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present, or future information that We hold about you, such as your name, contact details and other information involving analysis of data relating to you as an applicant for employment (collectively “Disposition Data”). Indeed or LinkedIn Privacy Notice in respect of Indeed or LinkedIn use of the Disposition Data is available on Indeed or LinkedIn website.
Where you have applied to a job opening through another service provider, we may disclose data similar to the Disposition Data defined above to such service provider. The service provider shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by us.
How We Store Your Personal Data – Security
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data is with Top Echelon Software LLC
The data that we collect from you and process using our website may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Canada. It may also be processed by staff or independent recruiters operating outside the Canada who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be accessible to i) JOB-BORN staff or independent Recruiters in Canada or U.S.A. may be stored by our hosting service provider on servers in Canada as well as in the USA. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as Canada.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of Canada or the U.S.A. or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long we keep your personal data
- We will hold all the data and your personal information will only be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- Deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the Customer); or
- Receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the Customer) to us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to Our continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict Our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by Our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
Contact us using Our Contact details below,
- Let Us have enough information to identify you,
- Let Us have proof of your identity and address, and
- Let Us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in Canada or the U.S.A. where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to Mary Ann Warriner